The most important question right at the beginning: What is SEO actually?
SEO or search engine optimization has the goal of making your own relevant content appear in prominent positions. Accordingly, the pages with the highest rankings are visited more often than those with a lower ranking. According to the Denver SEO service company, this process is the most important online marketing pathway. A bold statement, but one that I agree with a lot. With SEO, pages are designed in such a way that search engines can read and analyze them optimally so that, ideally, the website can be found among the top three search results and brings in a ton of free traffic.
Now 5 important tips for Denver SEO optimization
- Keywords: Keywords should be used consciously. Regarding the selection of keywords, there are also pages that search for the perfect keywords. So think carefully about the intention behind a keyword and optimize only those that really help you and your site. What is important, however, is that you don’t write your text for Google, but for your readers. So if you insert keywords into the text, remember to insert them in the appropriate places if it makes sense and fits well into the sentence.
- Choose an optimal title: What do you see first before you look at a page/blog? The title: and that’s exactly why it’s important to choose a short, crisp and appealing one so that as many people as possible will be aware of it. The title is one of the most important elements on a website. The search engine uses the title to read what a page is about. For this reason, you should also make sure that your keyword is also present in your title. Search engines will then see that your page is relevant and it will be displayed accordingly. With regard to social media pages, it also plays a decisive role, because if you share your page on Facebook or Instagram, for example, it is automatically adopted there.
- Optimize URL First: make sure that your URL structure makes sense and does not contain any unnecessary information. On the one hand, the URL should contain your keyword and be meaningful. As already mentioned, the more meaningful, the more clicks and visitors become aware of your page. By the way, the proverb “The spice lies in the brevity” also applies to the URL. Short URLs are easy to remember (for you and for the user) and a simple hierarchy shows Google that they are important content on your website.
- Optimal meta-description: In principle, the same applies here as for the title: The meta description should be meaningful, contain your keyword and above all be designed in such a way that it attracts the reader’s attention. The optimal length for the meta-description is max. 160 characters, otherwise it will be cut off in the search results and replaced by a “…”. A small tip is to make sure that each page has its own individual meta-description so that the search engine has no problems keeping your pages apart.
- Links: By adding links to your blog posts, for example, this has the advantage that your visitor can find his way around better and get relevant information more quickly. However, almost the same applies to your search engine. It is easier to find your way around using links and the “ranking power” of your posts increases.