5 Local Denver SEO Tips
The most important question right at the beginning: What is SEO actually?
SEO or search engine optimization has the goal of making your own relevant content appear in prominent positions. Accordingly, the pages with the highest rankings are visited more often than those with a lower ranking. According to the Denver SEO service company, this process is the most important online marketing pathway. A bold statement, but one that I agree with a lot. With SEO, pages are designed in such a way that search engines can read and analyze them optimally so that, ideally, the website can be found among the top three search results and brings in a ton of free traffic.
Now 5 important tips for Denver SEO optimization
- Keywords: Keywords should be used consciously. Regarding the selection of keywords, there are also pages that search for the perfect keywords. So think carefully about the intention behind a keyword and optimize only those that really help you and your site. What is important, however, is that you don’t write your text for Google, but for your readers. So if you insert keywords into the text, remember to insert them in the appropriate places if it makes sense and fits well into the sentence.
- Choose an optimal title: What do you see first before you look at a page/blog? The title: and that’s exactly why it’s important to choose a short, crisp and appealing one so that as many people as possible will be aware of it. The title is one of the most important elements on a website. The search engine uses the title to read what a page is about. For this reason, you should also make sure that your keyword is also present in your title. Search engines will then see that your page is relevant and it will be displayed accordingly. With regard to social media pages, it also plays a decisive role, because if you share your page on Facebook or Instagram, for example, it is automatically adopted there.
- Optimize URL First: make sure that your URL structure makes sense and does not contain any unnecessary information. On the one hand, the URL should contain your keyword and be meaningful. As already mentioned, the more meaningful, the more clicks and visitors become aware of your page. By the way, the proverb “The spice lies in the brevity” also applies to the URL. Short URLs are easy to remember (for you and for the user) and a simple hierarchy shows Google that they are important content on your website.
- Optimal meta-description: In principle, the same applies here as for the title: The meta description should be meaningful, contain your keyword and above all be designed in such a way that it attracts the reader’s attention. The optimal length for the meta-description is max. 160 characters, otherwise it will be cut off in the search results and replaced by a “…”. A small tip is to make sure that each page has its own individual meta-description so that the search engine has no problems keeping your pages apart.
- Links: By adding links to your blog posts, for example, this has the advantage that your visitor can find his way around better and get relevant information more quickly. However, almost the same applies to your search engine. It is easier to find your way around using links and the “ranking power” of your posts increases.
10 Tips for SEO
SEO ensures that potential customers become aware of your website and your consulting services.
In the long run, Denver SEO ensures that your website will still rank well even if you do not invest a large monthly budget in advertising measures.
SEO strengthens the awareness of your corporate brand. A website that is listed among the top ten search results receives many impressions (views) and this strengthens confidence in the website and brand at the same time. In addition, your brand name is now automatically associated with a central keyword.
Five Denver SEO Things You Should Do
1. define suitable keywords
Keywords form the core of search engine optimization. They are used to determine which terms are used to find a website in search engines such as Google & Co. Define – based on your services and target customers – the search terms to which you want to optimize your website. Create a list of all possible terms and word combinations with which your target customers could search for your services. You support platforms and tools such as keywordtool.io and sistrix.com.
Attention: Use keywords with a sense of proportion! So-called “keyword stuffing” (excessive use of certain terms) is not welcomed by Google and interpreted as spam – so you risk a penalty. Build-in relevant keywords to make your website serious and readable for your visitors.
2. optimize the metadata
Metadata is information about the source of information to make it easier for crawlers to find it. The usual metadata includes information such as author, title, date of publication, a short description, etc. After a successful keyword analysis, the metadata of each website must be carefully edited. If you do not have your own content management system, contact your service provider. Here is an example of what metadata can look like and what to look out for:
- Title (title that appears in the page tab)
- Description (short description)
- Keywords (relevant terms)
- H1 Text (heading)
3. use the Google Search Console
In the Google Webmaster Help, you will find videos and a detailed description for SEO. Here we explain how you can design your website for Google indexing. And the tool is also very easy to use for beginners. Just click through. Ignore the Google Webmaster Guidelines because you won’t need the content contained here to be found more successfully on the Internet.
4. operate link building
Google ranks websites to which numerous links refer higher. Because the search engine – to put it simply – assumes that a website is more important the more links it contains. In order to achieve top ranking results, it is, therefore, advisable to create targeted links to your website. For example, publish articles, press releases and other content in channels such as Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc. so that valuable links to your website are created via your content on the net.
Our tip: Link building consists of give and take. A separate area on your website on the topic “Membership”, “Cooperations” or “Quality” can increase the trustworthiness. A possible variant for BDU members is the linking of the BDU logo. Here you will find an example of a successful link partnership. In return, the BDU links, for example, the professional articles of its members with the corresponding authors and their websites.
5. your content is important – content is king
Google and all other search engines want to provide their users with high-quality content. The quality of your content, therefore, plays an important role if you want to be found. Users also love information that helps them and make life easier. Stay clear in your statement and do not mix several topics together. In this way, you establish a good connection to your readers and motivate them to share or link your content. With your content, you can carry your expertise out into the world.
Five SEO Things You Shouldn’t Do
1. duplicate content
Duplicate content occurs when the same content is accessible under different URLs. This is problematic because search engines have to decide between the same content and different URLs. In the worst case, only one website will rank and the “doubles” will simply not be taken into account.
Our tip: Have a 301-redirect (permanent forwarding) set up if, for example, the website can be reached with and without www.
2. error with the internal linking
The internal linking of the website contributes significantly to how well users find their way around. At the same time, it supports the Googlebot in crawling and determining the thematic relevance of sub-pages.
Frequent errors with internal linking are:
- Different link texts for a link target
- Links to destinations that no longer exist
- Too many internal links
Our tip: Make sure that you only link once from one page to another subpage. Because with the internal linking the Linkjuice is divided among all existing links. The fewer internal links you use, the more link power is transferred to the subpages.
3. long loading times
Our tip: Often too large images cause a long loading time. Save images that you want to use on your website in a suitable format to reduce loading time – for example as JPEG with higher compression. For a first check, we recommend the PageSpeed Tool from Google: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
4. missing sitemap
A Sitemap.xml is a file that lists all URLs of your website in machine-readable form. It is a kind of complete table of contents. This file can be uploaded to the Google Search Console or BING Tools for Webmasters and can support search engine crawling. With your Sitemap.xml you can ensure that crawlers are informed about new or changed URLs of the domain.
5. missing or poorly implemented mobile optimization
The use of mobile devices is on the rise and so is their share of search engine traffic. Therefore, your website should be optimized for such devices and designed to be user-friendly. With responsive design, you ensure that your website meets the criteria of mobile optimization to satisfy your visitors.